Possibly one of my favourite but easiest DIYs out there.
- When you’ve burnt through all of your candle, pop it into the freezer overnight
- In the morning, take it out the freezer and smash the wax with a knife (be careful not to smash the glass!)
- Remove excess wax from the jar
- If there is still wax remaining in the jar, pop in some hot water and washing up liquid and leave overnight
- Scrub away at the wax to remove it all
- Taa-daa! You now have a jar that you would have originally thrown away!
I personally like to use my jar with the lip clip for Q-Tips and my stag candle for cotton wool pads, but there are THOUSANDS of uses for these! Heres a few if you’re stuck for ideas:
- Makeup brush holder
- Coin jar
- Hair clip holder
- Hair band holder
- Re-make your own candles
- Jewellery holder
- Indoor plant pots
- Sweets (Make sure your jars are cleaned properly since you don’t want the smell to affect the taste)
- Pen and pencil pot
What do you keep in your recycled candle jars?