I’ll admit. I HATE cleaning my makeup brushes. Is there anyone out there who enjoys it?!
Well, when I finally decide to stop being lazy, and clean these bad boys, this is their routine.
- First off, I completely wet my brush right through with warm water. Make sure you NEVER use hot water, since this can end up melting the glue that holds the bristles in.
- I then squirt (cringe) on some Australian Body Care Tea Tree Oil Skin Wash onto the brush, and massage it in gently
- I stick on my Sigma Brush Cleaning Mat into my sink, and swirl around my brush onto the different sections of the mat. You can see the dirt and makeup vanishing off the brush instantly!
- Rinse off your brush with clean water, and there you have it! Clean brushes in seconds!
The mat has honestly been such a game changer for me. Even though it still does take me a good 30-45 minutes to clean all my brushes, it is a LOT faster when I use it. There are also cheaper alternatives on eBay if you’re interested!
- Try to dry your brushes upside down to stop the glue from dissolving.
- Shape your brushes whilst they’re still wet.
- Let them air dry! I’ve heard of people blow drying their brushes, and even straightening them! Leave them be!
- Wash your brushes after you’ve done your makeup in the morning. This way they have all day and all night to dry, before you use them again.
- Buy a spot cleaner to give your brushes a little bit of a clean when you don’t have time to do a full cleaning routine.
What do you use to clean your makeup brushes?