I keep saying this, but honestly, where has this year gone?! How is it August?!
I did a June goals update, and I actually found it super helpful on what I needed to work on and to see what I accomplished, so here is the list of my goals, and how many of them I completed! I embarrassingly can’t even remember the goals I set, but I’m hoping to do better than last time!
- I wanted to get out of the house more since I was pretty much house bound and also bed bound at times. I would actually say I have achiveed this one! I think I’ve only been out the house 5 times, but it’s 5 times more than last month!
- I wanted to go for my belated birthday lunch and I actually did go out for lunch a couple of times, but never classed it as a birthday lunch… I did also want to see the other pub that the company I work for recently opened, and I did manage to go see that, even if it was to say goodbye to someone who has been there with me from the start (Hi Dom!), so I think I should get half a point for this one!
- Oh… The business idea I had… I actually honestly didn’t think of this once in July, so I’m sacking the idea off completely. If it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be.
- I wanted to achieve at least one random act of kindness which unfortunately I don’t think I managed to do… I did clean out the bath after I used it without being told for the first time, so then my mum didn’t have to shout at me to do it? Does that count?
- I put on weight! It has only been a pound, but it’s a pound more than I had! Turns out eating cookies for breakfast is the way forward.
- So this goal was to increase my water uptake, and not by IV fluids. I guess this is another half? At the start of the month, I got re-admitted again, and was put on a SHIT TON of fluids… Then again, I am drinking a lot more than I was, so I’m giving myself another half point for this.
- I’m laughing at this one. I did say that I doubt it would happen in July, but I wanted to look into a gym membership. Not happening anytime soon, bud.
- I wanted to be able to take better photos, and in no shape or form am I trying to say that I am the worlds best photographer, but I have improved!
- I wanted to buy a decent, cheap camera, but since I have literally thousands of pounds worth of bills coming up, I decided it wouldn’t be the best to buy one now.
- Editing all of my photos didn’t go down too well either… I have started to edit more, but I’m still being a lazy cow the majority of the time.
Total Completed: 4.5/10.
Yep. Turns out I’m still pretty shit at trying to keep up with my goals!
Even though I’m not the worlds best goalkeeper (ha), it doesn’t put me down as much as I thought it would do. I do set some goals which I have control over, such as ‘read one book’, and then I set some which I have ZERO control over. A lot of my goals are achievable when I write the post, and then the next day I can relapse with my health, which makes everything a lot harder to achieve.
I know the feeling of not completing your goals very well, and it can honestly bring such a downer to the end of the month. It could be that you’ve only completed 1 goal out of 100, or even 1 out of 2, but thats 1 goal that you wanted to achieve that month, and you (me included) should be over the moon that you’ve managed to do even one thing that you wanted to do. Go on. Give yourself a pat on the back.
How did you do with your goals?