Face Mapping | What Your Acne Is Telling You

Oh acne. The bane of my life.

You may have realised that certain things cause acne such as makeup, not washing your face, eating certain foods etc. but the placement of your acne can also tell you whats happening on the inside.

I tend to get the majority of my spots on my nose, chin, cheeks and forehead, which doesn’t really leave me with a lot of spot free areas…

Digestive System, Poor Sleep, Liver, Poor Diet & Stress

Temples & Eyebrows

Poor Circulation, Gallbladder Problems, Eating Too Much Fatty Foods, Eating Too Much Processed Foods & Drinking Alcohol

Poor Diet, Constipation, Indigestion, Poor Blood Circulation

Smoking, Poor Dental Hygiene, Liver, Stress, Overeating, Stomach & Dirty Mobile Phone

Around your mouth

Constipation, Spicy Foods & Fried Foods

Hormones, Gynaecology Problems & Kidneys

Once I read about skin mapping, a lot of it made complete sense. I have a lot of problems sleeping (Forehead), poor diet (Forehead, Nose & Cheeks), Endometriosis (Chin) and also get the odd bout of constipation (no shame) due to medication (Nose).

Not only knowing the cause of your acne will make it a lot easy to treat, but it can also help to indicate that somethings not quite right. Don’t panic yourself though. It could be something as simple as not changing your pillowcases often enough, but if you feel worried, pop into the doctors to reassure you.

1. 14th August 2017 / 6:19 am

I have a pimple on my forehead that just wants to hang out forever ugh stress!!!

• 14th August 2017 / 6:24 am

I’ve got one on my chin that won’t leave! I’d rather they made home on my leg instead of my bloody face!

2. 14th August 2017 / 6:27 am

I agree with face mapping, although for me, the only thing that has actually shown results is taking Vitamin A (if you think about it, when docs put acne sufferers on Accutane, they’re basically having them overdose on Vitamin A). But I suggest for anyone to see a doc before taking the vitamin, so you can get a safe dosage since it’s not a water soluble vitamin. But essentially, it the one vitamin that kills acne bacteria from the root.

• 14th August 2017 / 6:29 am

Im currently taking different vitamins, but I keep forgetting to take them daily! I have vitamin A, so hopefully this can help towards my skin! Thank you!

• 15th August 2017 / 1:31 am

If I’m at home, I seriously suck at taking vitamins, that’s why I keep them at work, where I’m more likely to remember taking them. I hope it works for you!

• 15th August 2017 / 11:32 am

It’s weird how we remember to take them in certain places! Thank you!

3. 14th August 2017 / 12:15 pm

I tend to get acne on my cheeks if I do break out but otherwise, I generally have small spots on my forehead, around my hairline. But I genuinely think it’s because of my hairline and tendency to not tie my hair up, that I get spots. 😂🙈

My best friend gets really bad spots around her chin when it’s the time of the month! But I never really get chin spots at all. Maybe sometimes ones on my jawline.

• 14th August 2017 / 4:09 pm

My mums the same with the chin! Luckily, my pill has never broken me out which a lot of them can do!

4. 17th August 2017 / 2:11 am

This is so interesting! And for me, it looks as though it’s true! Going to focus on the areas I am affected, cheeks and chin and see what happens!! Thank you x

• 17th August 2017 / 10:18 am

You’re very welcome! I didn’t think it was going to be that accurate, but then when I read more into it, it all seems right! x

5. 22nd August 2017 / 11:10 pm

I tend to get it only on my nose. And wow am I gonna die soon then? xD

• 23rd August 2017 / 2:46 pm

Haha no way girl! If that was the case, I’d definitely be gone before you haha! x

• 23rd August 2017 / 4:06 pm

😂😂😂😂😂 Don’t die on meee !

6. 14th September 2017 / 3:48 pm

have you tried chemical peels?

• 14th September 2017 / 4:29 pm

I havent, no! I’ve always been interested in them, but never been brave enough to try them!

7. 3rd November 2017 / 3:17 am

Interesting!! My acne always gets horrendous when I eat to much sugar but it’s so hard not to.

• 3rd November 2017 / 11:46 pm

I honestly cannot get enough chocolate at the moment! It’s awful!