Mini NYX Haul

First things first, can we all take a moment to have a little cry about how I bent my foam board?!

The amazing Scarlette recently got in touch with me about collaborating together! After I sent over a whole bunch of ideas, we decided to both post our drugstore hauls! I recently did a little NYX shop whilst in Reading, so it was perfect time for me, and Scarlette wanted to do a little haul so it was perfect for both of us!

Matte Finish Setting Spray

This is my first ever setting spray I’ve ever brought! I know, shock! I used to use my Mario Badescu Rose Water Facial Spray as a setting spray, but didn’t really find that it helped make my makeup last any longer than usual.

Vivid Brights Liquid Eyeliner – Envy

I haven’t tried this out yet, but I’m quite disappointed. I didn’t swatch it in store, but I did expect it to be more of a neon green colour like the packaging suggested. Hey ho, I still don’t have another liquid eyeliner in this shade, so I’m not complaining that much!

Vivid Brights Liquid Eyeliner – Violet

Guys. I’m in love. I’ve worn this pretty much everyday. I’m so impressed! It lasts really long, and the colour is beautiful! I had heard loads of people saying how it ‘cracked’ when it dried, and even though I don’t find it has at all on my eyes, it definitely does when I swatched it for these photos… Weird…

Cosmic Metals Lip Cream – Ultraviolet

Really disappointed with this! I thought the colour was STUNNING when I saw it in Boots, but when I swatched it at home, it’s super thick and patchy?! I think I’m going to have to have a fiddle around with this to see if I can make it work, but it looks like it will be going into the bin!

A BIG thank you to Scarlette who has been super patient with me! I’ve been super late with posting my half of the collab, so a massive sorry to her! Please make sure that you all go over to her blog and check out her haul!

What’s your favourite NYX product?

1. 31st August 2017 / 6:12 pm

I love NYX products and I really want to try out the total control drop foundation. However I don’t have a counter near me and when I was at one the other day, the staff were so rude! They were just chatting to each other the entire time I was stood waiting to ask to be colour matched! Boooo! So I walked away without spending a penny.

• 31st August 2017 / 7:11 pm

No way! Saying that, when I was looking around the counter, the staff seemed to ignore me and chat to each other! I was going to pick the drop foundation up, but I hate getting colour matched, but I hate getting the wrong shade haha! Hopefully next time you go in, you can pick it up!

• 31st August 2017 / 7:55 pm

I know what you mean, I hate getting colour matched too and it took a lot of courage for me to want to! Hopefully next time it’ll be better! X

• 31st August 2017 / 10:22 pm

Fingers crossed gal! If you do end up picking them up, please do a review! I’d love to see one x

2. 31st August 2017 / 6:56 pm

I really want to try the NYX setting spray!! Great post xx

• 31st August 2017 / 7:12 pm

Thank you! I’m still not sure if its making my makeup stay any longer, but I’m definitely staying matte! xx

3. 31st August 2017 / 9:04 pm

I’ve never tried anything from NYX which sort of shocks me haha but I’ve just never felt the need to pick something up! Definitely will now. Great post! X

• 31st August 2017 / 10:24 pm

Thank you gal! I definitely recommend their matte lip creams (I think they’re called that…)! They’re so good! x

4. 31st August 2017 / 11:19 pm

I’m a huge ELF Cosmetics fan! Love drugstore makeup and currently use ELF’s setting spray but now I really want to try NYX setting spray!

• 31st August 2017 / 11:52 pm

I love ELF too! I’ve never tried out their setting spray though… Would be interesting to see how they compare! x

5. 1st September 2017 / 11:20 am

I have really wanted to try those metallic lip creams for a while now, the shades they have are so gorgeous. Love that ultraviolet, shame that it wasn’t what you expected 🙁 xx

• 1st September 2017 / 11:22 am

I think I’m going to try going old school with putting concealer on my lips first, and then popping this on top to see if it helps! Xx

6. 1st September 2017 / 3:57 pm

i was just saying that i needed to get some eye liner, now i know where to go. they look so bright and pigmented, exactly what i am looking for. thanks for this post

• 1st September 2017 / 6:38 pm

You’re very welcome! Hope you love them as much as I do!

• 3rd September 2017 / 8:05 pm

Thank you! I’m very impressed with all of them apart from the lip product unfortunately x

7. 3rd September 2017 / 4:09 am

That green tube of eyeliner is so deceiving! I would have expected a neon green as well! Luckily, I’m sure you’ll be able to make it work anyway!

• 3rd September 2017 / 8:07 pm

I know! I was gutted! I tried it on today, and even though it wasn’t what I was expecting, I still love it!

8. 3rd September 2017 / 10:17 pm

NYX is one of my favorite brands! I have the setting spray. I really like it since I have oily skin, it keeps my skin from getting as oily!

• 3rd September 2017 / 11:00 pm

It’s fab right?! It doesn’t set my makeup all day, but it definitely helps control the oiliness!

9. 4th September 2017 / 6:42 am

I rely pretty heavily on setting sprays (I live in sweaty Bangkok!) and really like the NYX ones, I prefer the Matte to Dewy but both do a reliable job for me! That eyeliner looks beautiful, will definitely swing by the NYX counter for a few of those! x

• 5th September 2017 / 2:21 pm

Thank you!! I’m not sure how it works for making my makeup stay longer, but it definitely helps with the oiliness! x

• 14th September 2017 / 10:20 am

They’re so good right?! I’m in love with them, and need all the shades!!

10. 11th October 2017 / 7:33 pm

Hey I have a question!!! Where did you get your foam board? Was is DIY or did you purchase it as is? And also, very nice post! Xx.

• 11th October 2017 / 7:37 pm

I brought the foam board, and then brought sticky back marble paper and stuck that over it xx

• 11th October 2017 / 7:40 pm

Definitely going to have to try that out! I’ll make sure to include your name if I end up doing it! Thank you so much! Xx

• 11th October 2017 / 7:42 pm

Ahh thank you! It’s no problem! Hope it goes well! It was super easy xx

11. 3rd November 2017 / 10:19 am

Those eye liners are so awesome.

12. 28th November 2017 / 8:58 pm

The nyx setting spray is the first setting spray I have ever bought as well! I think it does a good job at keeping my makeup on! I really like the dewy version. Great post!

• 29th November 2017 / 11:15 am

I have the tiniest bit left of mine, and definitely need to buy another one! I’m not sure how the dewy one would hold up with my oily skin, but I’d definitely be interested in trying it out! Thanks chick! x

• 29th November 2017 / 1:26 pm

I also think urban decay setting spray works well too. I’m currently using that one. 🙂

• 30th November 2017 / 2:00 am

I’ve heard nothing but good things about that spray! I’ll need to give it a go soon! x