September Anti Haul

Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eyeshadow Palette

I don’t think I really need to go into this one. I’ve only ever tried one of ABH’s products before, and I was super impressed as were a lot of people, but it seems like this palette has been a major flop. I’ve heard mixed things about this. Some say it’s great, whilst others say it’s the worst. I’m just not willing to pay £40+ for a palette which might be quite shitty. If they were to ever re-release these with their old pressing system, I’d most likely pick it up.

MOSCHINO + Sephora Bear Eyeshadow Palette

I’m going to contradict myself here. I think the packaging is ADORABLE, but it’s really not practical. I personally don’t keep any of my makeup on show, and I feel like this is a product I would be forced to put on top of my makeup storage due to its size. The colours look stunning, but just the actual packaging is not practical at all.

Marc Jacobs Beauty Eye-Conic Multi-Finish Eyeshadow Palette

I’ve seen these everywhere, and even though I haven’t read/watched any reviews about this, I highly doubt I’ll pick it up. I’m not someone who will buy makeup just for the name, and I feel like I can find most of the colours in palettes I already own.

Jeffree Star X Jouer Cosmetics Lip Topper

I LOVE JS products. I only have 3 of his products, and I love them all, but I’m really not a big fan of shimmery lip products, so this is out of the question for me. I will say even though I’m not a huge fan of this, I do respect him for giving his half of the proceeds to charity.

KKW Contour Palette

After seeing the flop of her contour sticks and the huge success of her half sisters cosmetic line, I really though Kim would up her game. After seeing her swatches on Snapchat, I wasn’t a big fan. The swatches look really powdery and chalky (Kim did admit she can’t swatch for shit) and it’s super expensive for something that doesn’t look that great. I love the Kardashians, but I won’t be getting this!

NYX Ultimate Brights Shadow Palette

I was dying to get my hands on this and went to order it off of Amazon, only to find it was £30+, when in Boots you can pick it up for £16. I managed to find it in store and swatched one of the yellow shades and was really disappointed. I’ve not tried any of the NYX shadows before, but this didn’t really have the pigment I was after. I’m quite glad that I resisted buying it online and swatched it first.

What’s on your Anti-Haul list?

*Images used are from Google Images.

1. 2nd September 2017 / 7:02 am

I would never put any money into Kims makeup products either, it’s so weird how she can’t come up with quality products when her sister has such a killer makeup line.. xx

• 2nd September 2017 / 10:36 am

That’s what confuses me so much too! I don’t see how Kylie’s like ‘girl no…’! Hoping she’ll improve because I love a contour, but not paying a ridiculous price for something that’s not great! Xx

2. 2nd September 2017 / 8:16 am

Don’t give up on that Nyx Brights palette just yet, mine swatches beautifully and is an absolute dream on the eyes, it’s the best bright eyeshadow palette I have I honestly swear by it x

• 2nd September 2017 / 10:37 am

Ohhh that’s given me hope!! I’m going to have to go in and give it another play around! It’s a shame because all the colours in the palette are colours I want! X

• 2nd September 2017 / 10:42 am

Definitely do give it another try, if other people have been swatching it they can ruin the shades and how they work, i’m not overly keen on the other ultimate shadow palettes but I think the Brights one is brilliant x

• 2nd September 2017 / 11:14 am

Very true! Thank you so much! I had heard good things so I was so disappointed when I swatched them! I think its worth just buying it and then playing around with it at home! xx

3. 2nd September 2017 / 9:53 am

okay brooke!! I LOVEEE anti hauls and cant wait for more from you!

• 2nd September 2017 / 10:37 am

They’re great aren’t they?! Thank you! I think I’m going to try and do them monthly 🤔

4. 2nd September 2017 / 7:14 pm

Man that bear packing is cute though, bulky but cute! x

5. 3rd September 2017 / 8:04 am

I actually still really want the ABH subculture palette just for some of the colors. But I’m with you on the price. It’s the only thing holding me back.

• 3rd September 2017 / 8:11 pm

Agree! I LOVE the colours and feel like you could get so many looks out of it, but definitely not forking out £40+ for something that has had so many bad reviews on! x

6. 3rd September 2017 / 4:37 pm

I saw the NYX brights and a lot of the colours are decent, the yellow was disappointing but yellows always seem to be for me. The subculture palette is one that would be top of my antihaul list too. I have never got anything ABH but the colours in this made me want it until I saw the reviews, not worth the risk at that price.

• 3rd September 2017 / 10:57 pm

Someone else told me to give the NYX palette another go, so I think I’m just going to buy the palette and have a play with it at home! And I totally agree with the ABH palette! The colours are stunning, but definitely not worth the risk!

7. 4th September 2017 / 2:32 pm

I’m not a fan of KKW I’m general. This is just proof that this one nitche that’s beyond her abilities!

8. 19th September 2017 / 12:32 pm

I bought the Subculture palette and absolutely love how different the colours are to my other palettes. It is super pigmented so I literally only have to touch the shadow to have enough on my brush. Personally, I find the shadows last all day without fading and it blends well if I don’t use a heavy hand. I must say that the shimmers do need a wet brush though or they don’t perform as well as I’d like.

• 19th September 2017 / 8:10 pm

Ohh thank you so much for this! I have a feeling they may have changed their pressing method as a lot of people seem to be saying how good it is recently! I think i may have to give it a go! x

• 19th September 2017 / 11:32 pm

I recommend it if you like the colour selection.