Firstly, happy bloody Christmas!
I hope you’re all having a lovely day, and not having too many arguments over the last pig in blanket. If you are having arguments over the last pig in blanket, heads or tails it (Pick heads. Heads always wins).
Secondly, I’m well aware that this should be a post for new years, but I couldn’t help up schedule it for today.
We don’t celebrate thanksgiving in my house, but I feel like Christmas is a good replacement of talking about highlights and lowlights.
- Starting My Blog – I started my blog in May, and honestly, it’s been one of the best things I’ve ever done. I’ve met (virtually) some of the most amazing people, and I cannot wait to meet them in real life. I hand on heart thought that me blogging would last a month tops, but 7 months later, and I still get excited about sharing a blog post with you all.
- Working With Some Big Ol’ Brands – Everyone dreams of receiving beautiful PR packages at their door step, and when a Pixi PR packaged arrived at my door step, I honestly couldn’t believe it. I’m so thankful for the bigger brands that send me products, and a massive shout out to the smaller brands I’ve worked with too. I owe you all so much.
- Getting Back To Work – When I first started my blog, I was signed off work. It took me 6 months to finally get back to work, when originally I thought it would have been a week or two. I’m now slowly building myself and managing to do more shifts, and touch wood, my health isn’t paying too much for it.
- New Job – Unfortunately, I hit a massive shit storm with my original job, and had no other option to quit. As much as I miss working in my previous employment, I’m now back at my first ever job and I couldn’t be happier. I love the people I work with, I love my locals, and I just love everything about it.
- Finding Out My True Friends – This year has been a bit of a rollercoaster. I wrote a post about this a few months back, but being chronically ill really does shine a light on who your true friends are.
- Redecorating My Room – I’ve been wanting to decorate my room for ages, and after months and months of drooling over bedrooms on Pinterest, I finally got around to doing it. It didn’t go to plan as I had originally hoped for, but I’m so bloody happy that it’s all finished.
- Getting Diagnosed With Endometriosis – I remember watching Ebony Day’s video about endometriosis before I was diagnosed, but never would have thought I would be in the same boat as her. At 20, instead of spending my week working and my weekends drinking myself into a ditch, I’m having to deal with crippling pain, surgery, multiple hospital visits and trying to come to terms with the fact I may not ever be able to carry my own child.
- Surgery Complications – If you’ve been with me for a while, you’ll know that my surgery didn’t go to plan. Whilst the removal of the endometriosis growths was successful (for now), my surgeon cut through the nerves in my stomach, causing a whole massive shit storm. Fingers crossed my next surgery goes slightly better than the last!
- Weight – During my surgery complications, I lost a shit ton of weight, and I’ve still not been able to get my weight to how it was before. Give me my bum and boobs back please!
Again, a very happy Christmas to you all! I really hope you’re all having a lovely day, and are spending it with people who mean the most to you. Heres to next Christmas!
What are your 2017 highlights and lowlights?