If you saw my By Wishtrend Green Tea & Enzyme Powder Wash review, you’ll know that I also very kindly got sent out the Klairs Mochi BB Cushion aswell from the lovely Melissa from Wishtrend.
Whilst I was excited to try out the powder wash, I was also intrigued about Korean makeup products. Koreans are known for their beautiful skin, and if the powder wash wasn’t going to help me achieve it, I was hoping the Klairs Mochi BB Cushion would.
‘With a natural color and glow to give your skin the lively finish it needs, meet the exclusive Between limited edition Mochi BB Cushion! #MochiBBcushion #Neverlookedsocute’
$26.90/£19.45 for the Mochi BB Cushion and $9.00/£6.51 for BB cushion refills.
All the prices on the Wishtrend website are in USD, but it says that they will likely convert the price to your country’s currency on the payment statement after purchase.
The BB Cushion arrived in possibly the cutest packaging I have ever seen. The white, round compact arrived in a baby blue box with information written on the back. Unfortunately, the information was all in Korean, so I couldn’t tell you what it exactly said.
Even thought I recently picked up the PS… Blush Cushion, I still haven’t gotten around to use it, meaning that this was the first cushion product I’ve tried out.
Inside the compact was a tiny little sponge applicator to apply the BB cream with. Usually, I’d just throw these in the bin, but I actually found that the sponge was the best way to apply.
The only two downsides to the packaging was that the clear lid that keeps the product from drying out broke off (I can still use it, it’s just not attached anymore) and that the packaging is white. Don’t get me wrong, I love how clean it looks, but it gets very messy, very quickly.
I know what you’re all thinking… ‘Directions on how to use a BB cream? Seriously Brooke?’. Yes, I know. If I read that on someone elses review of a BB cream, I’d probably think the same thing.
However, the beauty of the Klairs Mochi BB Cushion is the fact that you can choose the amount of coverage or ‘moisture’ (I have no idea what that means…).
Here’s what the website says:
1. I want full hydration. (Coverage 2 / Easy) Simply use after opening.
2. I want coverage and glow. (Coverage 3.5 / Moderate) After opening, use a cotton swab or a spatula to press down the sponge for about 1 minute.
This allows the sponge to absorb the heavy balm-type formula to increase the coverage.
Although the sponge may look like it’s soaked, hold it for a minute for the full effect!
3. If your priority lies in coverage with a matte finish. (Coverage 5 / Difficult)
After opening, follow the directions as the pictures below specify.
1) Open the product and prepare a clean set of hands, tweezers, and a spatula.
2) Remove the ring holding the sponge and use the tweezers to take out the sponge.
3) Carefully flip the sponge.
4) Being careful not to overflow the liquid, use the spatula to absorb the liquid.
5) Use a cleansing wipe to clean the ring area and replace the ring into its original place.
6) Voila! Start using your Mochi BB Matte Cushion!
The first time I used this, I fell in love.
I loved how I could choose my own coverage, I loved how it made my skin look and feel, I loved the lasting power of it, but the one think I especially loved about this is that I did not get oily once whilst using this. I work in my local pub, so I’m used to looking in the mirror around 9pm, only to realise that half of my face has melted off due to running around the restaurant and standing in the kitchen. With this, I didn’t notice any sort of oil, product break up or shine.
After about a straight week of using this, I had started to fall out of love with it.
I still loved what it did for my skin, but the novelty of the cushion wore off very fast. I found it took me twice as long to use the cushion as it would to use another liquid foundation with a pump. I love how natural it looks, but it does take longer than applying a full face of foundation.
It’s also worth noting that I can’t seem to wear concealer with this product. Whenever I apply the concealer and try to blend it out, it just removes the CC cream from my face. Luckily, I can add enough coverage for my skin so that I don’t feel like I need concealer, but those days where I have a spot I need to cover, I know not to pick this up.
- I love how cute the packaging is, but the colour may not have been the best choice.
- It does take more time to apply than a normal pump/tube base product.
- I can’t wear concealer with it.
- The adjustable coverage is amazing.
- Doesn’t break me out. I actually went to bed wearing this (Yes, I broke the one skin care rule they always tell you) and once I removed it in the morning, my skin didn’t look like it had suffocated.
- The mirror and sponge makes this perfect for travelling with.
What Korean beauty products have you tried?
Pin For Later!
Let’s Be Friends!