I have been such a big lover of the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer for years now, and always pick mine up from Superdrug (when it’s not sold out). I first got into it from when I first started watching beauty bloggers on YouTube, and I’ve been hooked since! I have never been able to find a concealer like it until I heard so many amazing things about Tarte’s concealer, Shape Tape, and decided to bite the bullet and give it a go. My mum and I both ordered one each off of QVC and I have been trying it on and off since I have had it. But will it replace my Collection concealer? Let’s find out if I’ll prefer the Tarte Shape Tape or Collection Lasting Perfection.
A best-selling, full-coverage, vegan, blendable concealer that instantly brightens, smooths & shapes skin.
Price – £19.00
Shade Range – 14 Shades
Cruelty Free? – Yes
Vegan? – Yes
Makeup Alley Rating:
- 4.1/5 stars (based on 163 reviews)
- 75% would repurchase
- Package Quality: 4.1
How To Apply:
This creamy concealer is ideal for applying with the quickie blending sponge (sold separately.)
To Cover & Perfect
1. Dot concealer directly over blemishes, dark circles or other imperfections and use the narrow, tapered side of the sponge to dab and blend.
2. To cover redness or uneven skin tone, apply concealer directly onto skin and blend using the larger, domed end of the sponge.
3. To offset the look of dark circles, trace concealer onto undereye area in a “triangle of light formation” and blend using the narrow side of the sponge.
To Contour & Highlight
1. Trace concealer in light, thin lines directly onto areas you want to highlight and contour, such as the cheekbones, forehead, chin and nose.
2. Use the narrow, pointed side of sponge to blend formula into skin in the direction of the lines you traced. The larger, domed side can be used to soften any harsh lines.
3. Wear concealer 1-2 shades darker for creamy contouring and 1-2 shade lighter as a luminous highlighter.
Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triethyl Citrate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Parfum/Fragrance, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Convallaria Majalis Bulb/Root Extract, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract, Lilium Candidum Flower Extract, Magnolia Liliflora Flower Extract, Paeonia Lactiflora Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Tocopherol, TBHQ, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).
– Conceals imperfections and blemishes for up to 16 hours.
– Water-resistant and transfer-proof.
– Multiple award-winning.
Price – £3.99
Shade Range – 4 Shades
Cruelty Free? – Yes
Vegan? – No
Makeup Alley Rating:
- 4.1/5 stars (based on 393 reviews)
- 80% would repurchase
- Package Quality: 3.3
How To Apply:
1. After applying your foundation, choose a shade of concealer that matches your skin tone to cover any blemishes or imperfections
2. Using the applicator, dab the concealer over the blemishes to cover
3. Using a concealer brush, gently blend until the joins between concealer and foundation are seamless
4. You can also use a lighter shade to contour the nose and cheekbones using the same steps
Aqua, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Acrylates/Trimethyl, Siloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Cera Microcristallina, Triethoxycaprylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Disodium EDTA, [+/- CI 77891, CI 77492, CI 77499]
- 14 shades from Tarte VS 4 from Collection
- Tarte is vegan and cruelty free
- Collection is cruelty free but NOT vegan
- £15.01 price difference
- Tarte Shape Tape has a larger applicator
Unfortunately, since I ordered this off of QVC, I couldn’t really see what shade I needed. They (I believe) only were selling 3 shades, and said that whatever shade you think you need, go a shade down. This is too light for me, and definitely too light for my mum, but it didn’t bother me that much since my current foundation is too dark for me, so it helped to tone that down.
I do prefer how the Shape Tape blends out. I think it’s much more easier to blend, and have a nice finish to it afterwards. However, the Lasting Perfection still is easy to blend and I do like the finish of that too, but I think I prefer how the Shape Tape looks after application.
I didn’t mean to only show off the one side (the side with Lasting Perfection) on and did actually take photos of both sides, but for some reason, all the photos I took of the side with Shape Tape on came out blurry!
12:25 (an hour later) – Since I have oily skin, my concealer always ends up rubbing off slightly around my nose, which means I normally have to blend it out with my finger a bit. So far, they both seem to have slid off equal amounts around my nose.
14:15 – The concealer has slid off even more around my nose, but this is normal with every base product I apply there. It’s quite difficult to say which one has covered up my spots better since one side of my face was worse than the other.
16:40 – I think Shape Tape has slid off my nose the most at this point. I also noticed more redness on the Shape Tape side was appearing more, whilst the Collection concealer was still holding on!
I didn’t unfortunately manage to take any other photos since it turned dark pretty soon after so I wasn’t able to get good enough photos, but I can say that even more redness was appearing, and it started to get quite patchy.
For me I think I’ll be sending the Shape Tape back (QVC have a 30 day money back guarantee, even on used beauty products) which I’m quite gutted because I wanted to love it, but it still didn’t beat the Lasting Perfection. My mum, who also loves Lasting Perfection, is sending hers back as well.
If the Tarte concealer was the same price as the Collection concealer, I most likely would have kept it, but I can’t personally justify spending £19 on a concealer when I know I already have one that is better and a heck of a lot cheaper.
I do think that the Shape Tape was better at highlighting, and it’s amazing that it has more than 4 shades, but its a no from me. Only a small no, but still a no.
What’s your thoughts on these concealers? Which team are you on – Tarte Shape Tape or Collection Lasting Perfection?