If you’re not interested in kiting out your garden, don’t worry – it’ll grow on you (sorry, I couldn’t resist…).
Despite running a mile in the other direction every time my mum says ‘let’s pop up the garden centre. I need to get some flowers’, I actually dream about having a ‘perfect’ garden.
Can you just imagine sitting in one of those fancy, swinging chairs, the fire pit is roaring and you’ve got all your mates over for the evening. When I say mates, I mean the fictional characters from the latest Netflix show I’m watching…
Cushions, rugs & tapestry
Plants & pots
My Ideal Garden
I’ve always known how exactly I’d like my garden to look. Obviously if money was no option of course…
- Is it strange that I get envious over how green someones grass is? The dream would be the greenest grass you’ve ever seen.
- A huge patio. Somewhere that I can fit a barbecue (an open one of course), table and chairs and possibly a fire pit.
- If a fire pit couldn’t fit on the patio, I’d still have to have one. I want summer nights where I can invite my friends over and we can all sit and roast marshmallows like they do in every teen chick flick.
- My neighbour has a water feature and it makes me jealous every time I see it. Either a big ol’ feature piece, or a corner one would be fab.
- Lots and lots of fabrics. Patio rugs, blankets pillows, tapestries, the lot. I’m not sure how realistic this would be since I live in England…
- Wall mirrors and wall art.
- Lots and lots of different green plants. All different shapes and sizes.
- I love a clean, bright looking garden, but I’d also love a featured piece. We have a blue wall in our garden and I bloody love it.
- Finally, storage. Something like in the first image where it’s a seating area and storage. Nothing ruins a garden quite like a pile of buckets and spades that you’ve brought every year at the beach since you were 5.
Lighting & fire pits
What would your ideal garden look like?